|Seders and Passover activities in Minsk |
1. Seder and Kabbalat Shabbat in the Center for Progressive Judaism Beit Simha in memory of Sandy Breslauer in Minsk for the congregations Simha, Shecket and Tamar , led by Rabbi Grisha Abramovich together with the chairs of the congregations Efim Zhivov, Ludmila Chertova and Tamar activist Rita Korzh and Lera Zarembo– 110 participants.
2. Seder in the 132 Minsk Jewish School for 1-11 grades, led by rabbi Abramovich and the Hebrew teachers of the School -185 participant
3. Seder class for the Minsk Jewish kindergarten, led by the HUC rabbinical students, Lenette Hertzog and Rebbeca Ratner along with coordinator for Jewish education Irina Belskaya -40 participants
4. Seder in the Minsk Jewish Campus for directors and leaders of the Belarus Jewish organizations, led by Rabbi Abramovich -90 participants
5. Seder for the Jewish Family Service families in need (JFGA project), led by the NeTzeR activist Anya Ankudovich and Svetlana Birich- 80 participants
6. 1 Seder for the Jewish Welfare organization Hesed Rahamim, (JFGA project) led by the Simha congregation activist Olga Levitan, the Hillel Students and Rabbi Abramovich -80 participants.
7. For the first time -3 Seders of the 7-th day of Pesach in the Sandra Breslauer Beit Simha Center in Minsk: Tamar congregation -45 participants, Simha congregations Seder – 95 participants, Sheket congregation -60 participants. The Seders were organized by the chairs of the congregations and Minsk office. All Seders were led by the congregation’s council members together with Rabbi Abramovich. The youngest participants of the Seders were Serafima Shulamit Karpova (6 month old) and Amelia Abigail Abramovich (7 month old).
8. For the first time the International Cantorial concert in Passover took place in the Minsk Jewish School № 132 for the 195 participants and in the in the Sandra Breslauer Beit Simha Center in Minsk for 150 participants. The youngest Festival participant was Daniel Kemerov (4 years old). The HUC cantorial students, Lauren Levy and Kenneth Feibush presented their musical pieces, but this time some were in Russian. NeTzeR activist Zhenya Baranchik from Minsk, Anya Trubetzkaya from Mogilev and Kimberly Rudberg from Gomel and the chair of the Lida congregations Shalom Michael Dvilanski took part in the Festival. The USA embassy representatives in Belarus and the chair of the RUPJ opened the Festival.
9. Pre-Passover women international Seder, led by Irina Barcan – 40 participants.
10. Pre -Passover Seminar for Students of the Jewish organization in Minsk ( JFGA project), 2 lectures " Our Passover Haggadah and the Jewish liturgy” and "How to make Seder interesting enough?” were presented by Ira and rabbi Grisha Abramovich –50 participants.
The total number of participants in all Seders, lectures, classes, Festivals and children activities in Minsk is 1220.
Seders in other cities
1. The HUC students Lauren Levy, Kenneth Feibush, Lenette Hertzog and Rebbeca Ratner have participated in the Seders in Vitebsk, Mogilev, Baranovichi and Bobruisk. It was 10th year when the HUC students come and teach how to make Seders and take part in them. All of them had opportunity to meet children from Mogilev Keshet congregations Kindergarten for Passover questions, young adult activist in Vitebsk congregation "Emuna” on the Seder, to join the Baranocichi "Thia” congregation’s choir during the Seder, and to share the Haggadah reading with the Bobruisk congregations Hatikva Sunday school. The chair of the congregations Ludmila Izakson, Dmitry Rudnitzki, Faina Zaharova, Sofiya Bubyreva organized the Seders and met the HUC students with translator Liza Zavodnik and Anya Berenshtein. The total number of participants in all Seders and activities in Vitebsk, Mogilev, Baranovichi and Bobruisk was 410!
2. The Seders were done also in the Brest congregation Nefesh, Grodno congregation Menora, Lida congregations Shalom. The NeTzer activist Anya Rapnitzkaya took part in the Seder in Slutzk. Rabbi Grisha Abramovich, together with the chair of the congregation and the NeTzer activists led Seder in Gomel, as well as Special Seder was made for the Gomel Jewish Hatikva School, the total number of participants in Gomel was 120. The total number of participants in Brest, Grodno, Lida and Gomel is 360! The chairpersons Regina Simonenko, Elena Lukienko, Michael Dvilanski and Leonid Kazimirski organized the Seders.
3. Executive director Michael Kemerov coordinated the logistic and administration of the Seders, Rabbi Grisha Abramovich, educator Irina Belskaya and office manager Marina Krinchinkova coordinated the visit of the HUC students to Belarusian congregations and the NeTzeR coordinator Darya Subbotko coordinated youth leaders’ participation in the Seders.
The total number of participants in all Seders, lectures, classes, Festivals and children activities in Belarus is 1990.
International Cantorial Festival stars. While Belarus cantor prepared some songs in English the HUC Students performed some pieces in Russian
The Cantorial Festival took part in the Sandy Breslauer Center for Progressive Judaism. The honor guests were representatives from the USA embassy in Belarus.
The Simcha Congregations Seders, all 95 participants were involved in leading the Seders ( reading even "boring” parts of the Haggada)
The very first Seder for Serafima Shulamit and Amelia Abigail
Alexander, Alisa and Daniel founded Aficoman and ready to bargain.
Sheket congregation activist are preparing new dish for Seder
Sheket congregation chairperson offers the sign language translator to do Rahtza ( woshing hand ceremony)
The "four sons” from Minsk NeTzeR on the 7 th day Passover Seder done by the Tamar congregation in Minsk